Monday, July 10, 2006

Blue Monday

Not too long ago, my favorite days of the week were Monday and Friday. Why? I like beginnings and endings. That is why I find it very hard to contend with Katrina's aftermath. On August 29th there was the beginning and now, as of July 10th, there is no ending in sight. Try as I may, I can't see the progress that is reported to be taking place. I snapped some more pictures this morning in Pascagoula and I wasn't encouraged at all. I admire the "grit" of the people trying to survive with all the obstacles that hinder their progress.





When the news speaks of how far along we are in our recovery efforts, it gives an impression that we are at a point of completion. The percentage they use has nothing to do with rebuilding of homes and businesses. They are speaking of how many homes that still have to be demolished and the amount of debri that has to be hauled away. I see it in Pascagoula every day, there is much to do.




The vacant lots on Beach Blvd. and Washington Avenue are overgrown with weeds. A homeowner would not be able to use a regular lawnmower as there is still debri embedded in the soil.



Hancock Bank must be ecstatic being out of the Fema trailers!


Well that's about all the news that I have today but I know I will be out there again in search of perhaps some interesting news. On an ending note, I thought you might also be interested in a little trivia about me. Barbara Walters and I share the same birthday!!! :)

No comments: