Monday, July 17, 2006

Requiem

This will be my final post, it's time for me to move on. I have spent over eight months writing about Katrina and how it not only affected me personally but the hardships being endured in varying degrees by each and every coastal resident. The fighting in the world is escalating and, in my opinion, I feel that America is in grave danger. So as a christian, a Catholic, I am going to concentrate more on prayer than blogging.

Yes, the entire Coast is in serious trouble, none of that has changed. I spent the better part of this morning having three flat tires patched. Little things like nails in the roads cannot be avoided. Maybe homes will be built again, maybe people will get enough of a State grant to help them at least begin building a home for their families, maybe there will be jobs for everyone and maybe my prayers will help it all come to fruition.

I have added a link to a song that you may enjoy even if you are not of my faith.

Requiem

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Thank you Goat, you have been a faithful reader of my blog. Eight months is a long time to put into writing about what we have been living here. Sometimes I felt like I was "whining". I wish I could be more like the reporters on TV giving the optimistic news about our progress. I know I can't be in a zillion places at one time but I get around enough and still say there hasn't been much of that. The entire thing is like the domino effect, we have all kinds of problems. The Elvis remark was nice. Whenever I hear Disney or see a jukebox, I will think of you. The email thing works both ways you know.

The Smiths said...

Hey, Ruth, I'm gonna miss you. Thanks for keeping us filled in on the coast and all that is going on down there. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers for healing and the strength to move on in the wake of some huge obstacles. God's Richest Blessings to all of you !!
Love'n Hugs, Melanie

Psalm 121:1-2

Ruth said...

Thank you so much Melanie. There are so many things that need tending to in all of our cities down here that it is hard to only talk about one thing. I continually needed to jump back and forth. I am serious about the state of our world affairs, as christians we need to pray lots. Prayers work miracles. God Bless You and your family and I am sending my love and kisses to all of you.

Ruth

Ruth said...

Thank you Kelli for your comment. I did put a new post up today, couldn't help myself. There seems to be much to talk about. Haven't seen you around the forum lately, hope things are going well for you.

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.