Thursday, June 07, 2007


Fisheries Rules Under Protest
Commercial and recreational fishing groups have made a last-minute push against new proposed regulations for the Gulf of Mexico's red snapper fishery, saying stricter quotas and shrimp trawling limits would deal a severe blow to their business. But many seemed resigned to the reality that federal fisheries regulators are expected today to approve 80 percent cuts in fishing quotas and other measures to help revive the Gulf's ailing snapper population.

3 comments:

Swapna Padmanabh said...

Hi Ruth! Havent visited in a while so I thought I should pop in and get caught up. Mom had knee surgery and life was so much better for her after that. As long as you push yourself during the first days and make sure you do your exercises and strive to be able to walk that flight of stairs, I think you have a really good chance of full recovery without a limp. Mom's other knee is starting to go, but for now she's holding out. She's been having so many problems with her hands I don't think she notices her knees as much.
Lots of hugs,
Swapna

Ruth said...

Hello Swapna, good to hear from you. About my knee or anything I may have bother me .. I never do anything about it until I have to go in on a stretcher. lol Sorry to hear your Mom has been having problems, it's heck to go through all the things we have to. I have often asked Anita where you were and she will say I am talking to her right now on messenger.
Oh! One other thing ... you have posted this message under the shrimp news. lol

Hugs to You,
Ruth

Ruth said...

Correction .. fish news! lol