Sunday, June 03, 2007

I am taking advantage of this lazy Sunday afternoon only because it seems my right knee is wearing out before I do. It doesn't matter how high our energy levels are .. if something hurts.. we slow down. Me too! The only solution for the knee problem is surgery. Since I have known people who had the surgery and afterwards walked with a pronounced limp, I am avoiding the inevitable. Besides who will clean the raingutters? Maybe you will recall the blue tarp the neighbor had between our property.


In mid April. I saw the trash guys putting all the neighbor's containers in my front yard. Every Tuesday there are two pickups, one for trash and another for garbage. I went out to tell them that the cans weren't mine. The neighbor's wife came out to see what we were talking about and I asked that they not put their "stuff" on my side. I was backed up by the guy saying that we are to keep trash or garbage in front of our house. He added that when the garbage collectors come around that they will not pick up any of the things you have out here as it has to be in a city receptacle. I went back inside and thought that everything would be okay but on the night of May 3rd, this awful tarp went up between our houses. The cops came and demanded he take it down but he didn't. On June 1st, two fence guys were cementing posts on the line to put up a fence. I asked that they do the front of my fence to match what he had. Now I am happy to say there is a much neater "barrier" between us. Come Tuesday, I will see if he puts his trash and garbage at the front of his house. I doubt it! This guy is the "King of Easement" ... he just eases right on over to your property!

Progress "down our way" is still moving slowly. I think before we recover, people my age will have most likely departed this earth, my youngest of four daughters, will be middleage and my grandchildren will be the future leaders in our communities. What kind of outlook is that you may say ... realistic.

As soon as my knee is better, I will be out scouting for pictures.

2 comments:

the family guy of FBC said...

Hang in there. I know it's tough. I appreciate what you do each day as you update all of us on the progress. you inspired me to start blogging.
www.richardswrightings.blogspot.com
I use your pics from time to time.
Richard Wright

Ruth said...

Thanks Richard, next time I am out I will get another couple of pics of your parents home. You are welcome to use as many pics as you like. Hey your blog's title is clever.. Richard's Wrightings. Take care!