Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I haven't been blogging much lately, not because I don't have anything to say, because I don't dare to say the things I want to. Will I be banned from blogging if I speak about the State or Federal government? Can I say that all the aide that has been given to us has become a hindrance to the ordinary citizen? Interest is focused on taking the opportunity to build what we didn't have instead of rebuilding (to code of course) what was there. The governor is asking the feds for an additional 150 million, with 75 million allotted, to upgrade the smaller cities away from the Coast solely on anticipation of further growth in their areas. I lived in those areas, we had our main residence there for 26 yrs. until I sold it in 2004. Would I go back? NO! The Coast is only 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. away from these very small towns and although Hattiesburg is near, it is a college town. The water and sewage system on the immediate coast has not been repaired, it seems to have shifted north of Internet 10. The Mississippi Cottage is not the Katrina Cottage that I have pictures of on my blog. I have seen one and they will be small "shotgun" houses on wheels. I can't see many people purchasing them after the 2 yr. deadline is reached. Well, I could go on and on with what I think but I will stop for today.

Personally, the small dead oak I had in the front yard was taken down this morning by the power company. The lawn service people I had hired earlier were suppose to take it down for $150.00 but here's the catch. I was told that I would have to pay the dump fee when they hauled it away. I asked how much that would be and the main guy said only $25.00 but they might have to make as many as a half dozen trips. So I said, "Okay, so it will cost me $300.00"? He said, "I can't say for sure because it might be more than that." I literally said, "Go away"!

No comments: