Wednesday, April 11, 2007

At 10AM this morning I received a phone call from the lawn service asking if they could come and get started on the yardwork. At first I was hesitant because thunderstorms were predicted. Actually, it never did rain ... the sun came out at noon. As the guys worked I was working with them, you know, taking care of things they missed. To see all the sword fern disappear was great but I also know that it grows so fast that I will be out every other day trying to stop the invasion.





The above pictures will give you an idea of the work that was done in my yards today. Everything was going smoothly until they attempted to dig up a small bush at the side of the house.

Severed Pipe

Turning Off Water to House

The yard work came to an abrupt halt until they went to Lowe's to buy what was needed to restore the pipeline. All in all they did a great job, the yard has never looked better.

I skimmed through the news today and didn't see anything that I care to talk about. I want to read about progress on the Coast. So much money was payed to planners and architects to help us design well functioning cities. I don't know everything that is going on down here but I do know that we haven't progressed as far as we should have. There is something about living in destruction, one tends to get used to it and be jolted back to reality when those who are not from the area come in and say, "It looks like the hurricane just happened." There are plans for a highway that will be done in three phases. Sounds great doesn't it? It will be completed in 2030. Many of us will not be alive. It is things like this that drive me up the wall. We need normal things restored, like housing for the people who are alive today. All these grand plans are not happening here ... the "boom" seems to be in the northern part of the state. Katrina struck the coastal area.

Tomorrow I will be riding around to see if any new construction is underway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks good, Mom! I'm glad to see all that fern gone too... That was a scary spot.