Thursday, April 26, 2007

I awoke to rain this morning and for the first time was happy about it. Usually I am frightened beyond what is a normal reaction. I stood on the backporch watching the rain fall to the ground. The lawn has patches of diseased grass and some patches are circles of dirt ... completely devoid of grass. Still I plant flowers in an effort to surround myself with beauty to take my mind off the many things I see every day that have not a vestige of beauty. I truly believe that Katrina was a "wake up" call, an epiphany. I find it difficult to explain what I and so many are experiencing. We have been cleansed of superfluous things and have a chance to do it right. I have read that what makes a home is the love you find dwelling in it not the size of your house or your bank account. I get frustrated watching the many "makeover" shows. We have been caught up in the "rat race" and more so in the present time. Lawlessness is on the rise. Just yesterday, there was a drive by shooting in Moss Point. The bad element doesn't hide under the cover of darkness anymore.

I went for a visit to my daughter's today and, of course, I took pictures.

2 comments:

the family guy of FBC said...

Thanks so much for your pictures. My parents told me about the new deck at their house on Washington. I appreciate your blog.

Ruth said...

You're welcome! Thanks for taking the time to let me know that someone that has family here saw the picture. The deck is very pretty!