Friday, April 06, 2007

Today I am stopping by to let you know I haven't given up on taking pictures of progress in our area ... things in my life have to be put in order first. It has been difficult to find help to keep my yard at least neat. I love Sword fern but it is an invasive plant. It used to be a defining, appealing circle around the broad based oak (shown below) and now it is out of control. It is my fault due to not going in the area as a huge dead pine was hovering overhead. The pine has been taken down and still there is no way that I will attempt cleaning that area ... who knows what lurks in the midst of such beauty and I don't intend to find out. The fern has taken over the length of the fence that encloses the backyard.


I suppose I would have continued my search for someone to come once in a while to do what I couldn't but fate, so it seems, stepped in. It has been only a couple of weeks that the neighbor's threatening huge dead pine was removed and in August 2005, I had a smaller pine taken down at a cost of $900. Last week while working in the front yard I noticed that a smaller water oak was dead. "Shoot"! What's this with me and trees"?


It was time for me to do what I should have done a long while back, I made an agreement with a Lawn Service to take care of all my problems. Sure they charge a lot but this time, to me, it will be worth it. They will be here next Tuesday. Today is "Good Friday" ... a day that reminds me that there is One before me who went through many trials. We all have trials in our lives as He did. A few of mine were monumental. The important thing is how we accept these trials and go on. I intend to "gripe" less about things that are inconsequential.


Happy Easter Everybody!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Always something, huh? I hope the lawn guys do a good job and you're only left with the enjoyable gardening tasks when it's over... And I hope it doesn't freeze and kill our plants!!!

You're hereby invited to come dye eggs with us sometime today. Love you.

Ruth said...

Thanks Hon! It's such a struggle to bring the beauty of flowers back but I don't want to give up just yet. I am sure I will be there to dye a few eggs!!! Why has our weather been hot and humid and now we have to be concerned about the cold killing what we planted?