Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Waiting, waiting, waiting! Today was forecast to be a day of thunderstorms which haven't made an appearance yet but nevertheless has stopped progress. The lawn people I hired were to come today. Oh! I don't doubt that some wild, horrific storm will slam into us either during this cloudy day or in the blackness of night but, one too many times in these past months, my hopes to take care of a problem has been put on hold. Also it seems, in these post Katrina days, the courtesy of a phone call is never extended. I know as the grass and weeds continue to grow that I will be cutting, weeding and bagging.

On a brighter note, Easter was a nice day only because of what the season is about. We got wet running through a downpour to get into the. Church. Our "winter" attire made it more cumbersome. We didn't have snow but it sleeted. On an even brighter note, my plants didn't die.

As usual this morning I have been skimming through the local news. The State wants to make it possible for the obese people to get bariatric surgeries done (stomach stapling) and thus cut the cost of spending taxpayer's money to take care of them. Also Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease was mentioned and it was related to smoking as the cause. I agree that air emissions are killing all of us everywhere but not from cigarette smoke. It is from big refinery industries ... Chevron is expanding it's operations.
Public Hearing on Chevron Refinery Expansion to be Held Thursday - Sun Herald

Pascagoula was shafted.... never knew what hit them. Tax bill: A dream come true or nightmare? While I was out and about yesterday I snapped several pictures.

CVS Drugstore-Market & Hwy 90


No comments: