Monday, April 30, 2007

I decided today, since there aren't many homes to take pictures of to show you new construction, that I will begin taking pictures of whatever I see of interest on my rides around Pascagoula. Beach Boulevard and Washington Avenue were the areas that had their homes reduced to slabs and have had to completely rebuild. There are many people like my daughter, Anita, who had their homes destroyed by the water but the structures were left standing. Anita is probably one of a few people who will literally take you on a virtual tour of her home and show you actual repairs as they are done. If you haven't payed her a visit ... please do! As for my blog, I have pretty well been focused on progress being made in my hometown of Pascagoula. On occasion, I have taken pictures in Biloxi and Gulfport. My wish is to somehow get all my writings and pictures in some kind of giant album for future generations. At this time, Blogger has no way for us to backup and safeguard all the hard work we do. I shudder when I think that one wrong move on their part and our blogs would be lost history.

Washington Avenue


Lake Avenue

Besides new construction, I will take pictures of houses that are gutted and unoccupied 20 mos.after the storm. There are also houses with blue tarps on the roof and still far too many Fema trailers.

No comments: