Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Always On The Go!

I have been living Katrina for 15 months now and blogging for a year of that time. To say that my focus has remained entirely on the aftermath would not be the truth. Months ago I decided that I needed to give some attention to myself. So I decided to "shop". We haven't many high end stores open for me to indulge myself but I have been having fun and relax by going in to any that are open for business. What do I buy? Anything that catches my fancy. In the past seven years, in the process of settling in one place, I moved five times and had to let many of my keepsakes go. So although I didn't lose my present home there was already loss in my life before Katrina. I think most people haven't given much thought to the fact that all the people who went through the hateful storm had prior problems in their lives too and the disaster added to the burdens. I have no way to talk to the people but I am sure a few would feel as I do. It's like being encased in a bubble. We go through the motions of living but to me it is surreal. I find my shopping to be therapeutic. I went to Gautier Monday and I found something I have wanted for awhile. They were loaded in the car and I had no idea how I would get them out .... Dave and Anita came to my rescue!



I also snapped a few pictures of not completed construction but the beginnings.

Beach Park Pavilion

Westwood Off Washington


No comments: