Monday, November 06, 2006

A Lucy Kind Of Thing!

After going through a very boring weekend, I had hoped that Monday would be a better day but I awakened to very dark skies. I was determined that I would still do what I had planned to do as I literally didn't leave the house for two days. Sunday's newspaper still lay in the driveway and now Monday's paper lay beside it. I hurriedly dressed to perhaps get things done before the rain started. I backed out of the garage and didn't make it to the end of drive before a deluge of water started pouring down. I opened my umbrella and got out of the car to save the newspapers but on return to the car I found that I couldn't close the umbrella because my hands were too wet. I wrestled with that dilemma only a short time when I realized I was soaked to the skin. I got back into the car with opened umbrella in my left hand. Somehow I drug it past me as I sat in the driver's seat. It was now inside out. So now my plans had been spoiled and I couldn't go into the stores as wet and disheveled as I was, so like a duck taking to water, I continued on to my daughter's (it was flash flooding at this point) for a cup of hot coffee. When I entered her house she didn't flinch at my soaked condition. You know why? While growing up all four daughters watched "I Love Lucy" shows and each would say to me "Mama you act like Lucille Ball." There was not a hint of physical resemblance that we shared but from her zany actions they .... saw me. Just maybe they were on to something as I often get into strange but comical situations. Today definitely was not a day to take pictures to show you but when the skies clear I will be out there again. It is still very dismal and raining. I intend to stay home. I will use the down time to psyche myself up for Christmas .... I am listening to Alabama's Christmas songs. I ask you .. are my actions "zany" or "bizarre"?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL The umbrella picture is priceless!

Ruth said...

LOL I guess I should have mentioned that when I stopped for a signal light on Chico I received some confusing staring butI pretended things were normal with me.LOL

The Smiths said...

You go "LUCY"...it gave me a good laugh for the day !!!!

Ruth said...

LOL Thank you MJ!!! I have so many comical things that have happened to me in my life that I could write about them. Maybe I could "slip" a few more in sometimes.