Thursday, November 16, 2006

Many things have happened in our area since I last posted personally. Of course, the elections were given more coverage in our local papers and that left me with very few "human interest" stories to share with you. We also went through a very severe damaging storm yesterday. To update you on what I am talking about ... the day before the storm, a neighbor and I were exchanging small conversation. He was on his way to the courthouse to get a car tag. I walked to the rear of my car and said, "Mine is for September 06". His response was simply, "Yeah". How in the world did I neglect getting a new tag? At the end of each year, I am sure it is the same for you, notices start arriving to renew house insurance, flood insurance, car insurance and taxes on other properties you may own. I took care of all that but I had been driving around Pascagoula with an expired tag.

I awoke the next morning to skies that looked like "Armageddon" threatening but I left the house to get the tag for car. I was hoping there wouldn't be long lines and there wasn't. I was the only one there and I wondered WHY! I paid the penalties, got my new decal and took a ride to snap a few pictures. Before going home, I stopped for several cups of coffee with my daughter. Early afternoon became yet another nightmare down south. It was unbelievable that so much rain could fall so quickly. The winds were high and coming from all directions. I stood on the back porch watching the dead, enormous pine tree in the neighbor's yard "rocking" in the wind. Each time the wind blew out of the west I would think, "Snap now"!

I received some good news later that afternoon. My thyroid gland is functioning in the normal range again. The nurse that called says the doctor wants you to come in so he can discuss results with you and that I could take my time making an appointment as there was no urgency. Her words brought me more relief. She switched me to the receptionist to make an appointment and I said I would like to come in next Thursday. She said, "You can't, that is Thanksgiving." If I could forget the holiday then it explains how I forgot car tag. Right?

Various pictures are below.





No comments: