Thursday, May 25, 2006

I haven't much to talk about are show you in the way of progress, except maybe the little in my own front yard.. Why? Because I haven't done anything today but laze around doing what I enjoy most, reflecting. You know, as one grows older, there is truth in the expression "With Age Comes Wisdom". Not too many years ago, I would say, why did this happen to me while good fortune seemingly "smiled" on others as I struggled through one crisis after another. The biggest struggle was fighting by my husband's side as he tried to beat cancer and he did for nine years. A probable cure was pronounced by elated doctors in January 1995 and in June of 1995, I was in the hospital fighting for my life. My colon ruptured and peritonitis set in. It was "touch and go" for the first week of the two that I was hospitalized. The enormous stress that I was under for all those years had taken its toll. Have I ever regretted my putting myself out there for another person? Not for a second. Love was the driving force.

By now, I am sure if you have gotten this far that you can't possibly see where this is leading, so let me clarify. There is a movie showing that has inspired this writing, "The DaVinci Code". As a christian, I am appalled at the audacity and blasphemous depiction of Our Lord in such a scandalous way. Oh sure, it says it's fictional, so I ask you, "Then what was the point"? I fear that this movie is going to plant a seed of doubt in many.

Our Lord, Jesus Christ, lay down His life willingly for ALL of us to give us eternal life. He said the greatest commandment was love, "Love one another as I have loved you." In my own way, that is what I did. I knew that the stress could damage my health but my love was stronger.

Everyone knows that the two controversial subjects are politics and religion. Many arguments ensue because of a different viewpoint regarding politics and the beliefs of one in another religion. So we are suppose to avoid the subject but in post Katrina, I engage in political talk most every day, spurred on by all the news articles I read.. So today, I speak of religion, spurred on by the teachings of Our Lord that has been handed down to us for over 2000 years. Enough!

For those of you who may recall the incident with Red River garbage company smashing my driveway light and then ignoring my calls, I have a picture to show you. My neighbor was very kind and drove to Lowe's, got the fixture and installed it himself.

2 comments:

Swapna Padmanabh said...

Dear Ruth, unfortunately I haven't seen the Da Vinci Code yet, and although I read the book, it didn't leave enough of an impression on me for me to even remember it...so I can't even get into a debate over it! Oh well. As for gaining wisdom with age...this is a very frightening thought for me. I am turning 41 soon, and trust me, I'm far from wise. This leads me to wonder exactly how dumb I was at 20....can't be good! Oh well, maybe by 75 I'll have enough wisdom for people to think I have a lick of common sense!
Hugs,
Swapna

Ruth said...

Hello Swapna, I don't think I know what it is actually about as I haven't seen it either. Somewhere in my befuddled mind lately I think I am thinking more of the ridiculous "trying to be lawsuit" that has been in the news lately claiming the Church lied and Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.

As for wisdom, I don't think I have that either. In fact, I am seriously thinking of retracting what I wrote. LOL Anita and I are preparing to have a good time this weekend, so wish us luck. Hugs, Ruth