Wednesday, May 31, 2006

WLOX-TV - The News for South Mississippi: Our Daily Bread Needs Help Delivering Meals

WLOX-TV - The News for South Mississippi: Our Daily Bread Needs Help Delivering Meals: "Feeding the needy. That's the mission of Our Daily Bread in Pascagoula. But workers say since Katrina it has been tough finding ways to deliver food in parts of Jackson County.

Flood waters destroyed one of their only vehicles, forcing the organization to cut Gautier and Vancleave off the delivery route. Now the group is looking for a new set of wheels to help feed the hungry."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw!! I wish we could donate our van. But then someone would have to donate a van back to us...

I hope somebody steps up and is able to help.

I wonder if they could use volunteers to deliver stuff until they get another vehicle??

Ruth said...

lol I too wish I could help but if I donated mine then I would have to get another so that isn't feasible. I hope someone reads the post and can do something to help them. There are so many things that go wrong in a disaster. The focus is on the destruction but the things like bringing meals every day to the elderly and sick are not evident.