Tuesday, May 23, 2006


In an earlier post entitled " Beach Park" I had shown a picture of the destroyed fountain that overlooked the park. Yesterday, while out driving I found workers busily cleaning debris from the base of the fountain.


Today, I took another drive to check on their progress...... Good job fellows!


In the same post I had mentioned that President Zachary Taylor (1849-1850) had, in his earlier years, been instrumental in planning some of Pascagoula's city streets and that there was a plaque or monument in his honor on the beachfront. I thought it had been destroyed but after all the debris was cleared I found it had been spared. Maybe we should marbleize our homes.



I think I have exhausted myself with all the news gathering or else I just need a vacation to some far away island. Notice I didn't say mountains or deserts, I have lived on the coast my entire life and I need the record breaking temperatures and humidity to breathe. I am being serious .... high altitudes leave me breathless!

Hope to have more exciting news soon!


No comments: