Saturday, May 13, 2006

Spring Pilgrimage


How many of us have made the remark, "I wish I knew what the future holds"? I certainly was guilty of that but have since learned a valuable lesson. Live the life you have and make the most of your present moments. If I had been granted my wish and had seen what was going to happen because a hurricane named Katrina would eventually come along, I would have been filled with so much worry that I would have missed the good times.


There is nothing to really show you of Beach Boulevard as it in reality doesn't exist as what we knew such a short time ago. It was a very pretty, scenic area that was there when my parents were young as well as their parents. It is in the past now and its restoration lies in the hands of the young generation that are here now. Knowing they feel like I do about their hometown, I have no doubt that they will once again make it a place to be proud of.

Though their lives have become one of loss and hardships, the people of Pascagoula have not lost their sense of humor. Thus ... the sign!

4 comments:

Swapna Padmanabh said...

Dear Ruth,
Happy Mother's Day! Hope you have a sunshine filled day and much more happiness to come this year.
Hug,
Swapna

Ruth said...

Thank you Swapna, today is very pretty and I know that lifts the spirits of many. Anita and Dave took me out to dinner yesterday for a good steak and they came after dark last evening with sod to place in dead spots in yard. They are both nice kids. I have been reading your blog and I got a chuckle out of the post where you had all these instructors in your house to get you organized. I laughed all the way through.

Hugs to you too,

Ruth

Linda C said...

Good For You!! Writing about all of this is great therapy.. Can't keep it in.. Put it out there and we will readit and sympathize.. I have not dealt with a hurricane but have lost a house to a fire , so I understand the sense of ...
doom, gloom, what if's, now what's. But as a strong independent, survivor- we pick up and go on, because we are meant to be here. I'm glad you have family near by- it is a way to share , cope and also enjoy.
http://wolfsong328.blogspot.com/

Ruth said...

Thank you Linda for commenting.I have a twofold purpose in doing this and therapy is the first. I have always lived on the coast but never in my hometown again until 2003. I came home it seems just in time to see her past destroyed. Am looking toward a major "boom" in Pascagoula. When you lost your home you suffered through much of the same things we do on the coast. Loss is loss whether through death of loved ones, fires or hurricanes. Again, thank you!