Thursday, June 15, 2006

Although the saying, "Time and Tide Waits For No Man" is true. wherever catastrophe strikes, it is man's nature to want the world to stop with their normal lives and wait for those stricken to catch up. I have experienced the feeling many times. The problem of adequate housing for the people would be the sign of the greatest progress in our area but the destruction was of a magnitude that the replacement of such things as signal lights and street signs are also considered major accomplishments.

There are more homes being built in Pascagoula on Washington Avenue. They have been raised to the required elevations. God forbid that a storm like Katrina should happen again because nothing could or will stand against such fury. I will have pictures to show you at a later date.

On a personal note, I have a problem with my left hand and my typing has slowed as two fingers are numb. Surprisingly, it wasn't diagnosed as carpral tunnel syndrome, as I suspected, since I have been posting since November. Being inquisitive, I looked up what having numb fingers could signify in regards to an illness. Some were not to my liking but then I recalled the doctor's reassurance when I asked the dumb question, "Am I going to die"? He simply said, "Of course not!" I hope he wasn't referring to the present moment. I will let you know after further testing.

See you soon!

No comments: