Friday, June 23, 2006


Because of the sameness of our existence, I will admit that the only way I know the day of the week is when I put my cursor over "time" at the bottom of my PC. So I know that today is Friday that culminates another unproductive week in regards to the citizens recovery. Late yesterday it was announced by the governor that the homeowner assistance grants have been delayed. It is such a game. No one knows if they have been approved or what amount they may get ..they just wait.

While lives literally fall apart, we are to buckle up, stop smoking, take care of our obesity, prepare for a pandemic, raise the educational test scores of our children and organize our evacuation plans for the possibility of another hurricane. In our down trodden state of existence, in my opinion, most of us give our priority to the welfare of our families and neighbors being able to survive and once again live the "American Dream".

It seems that in the last ten months there has been an inordinate amount of death especially among the seniors and I wonder if the pressure of life here has hastened their death. Has it gotten to the "survival of the fittest"?

No comments: