Friday, June 23, 2006

I have been on the internet for over 10 years and, what can I say, I love it! Now I have gotten into blogging about a subject that is very important to me. "Katrina" The picture of me that is shown in the sidebar was me almost two years ago. I am very honest, very outspoken, stubborn and, most importantly, I am a dreamer. You might say I viewed the world through "rose colored glasses" until Katrina came into my world. My writings oft times express the depression of the people and myself living in her wake. The lack of progress and the endless waiting is the hardest to bear. The saying, "once a dreamer, always a dreamer" applies to me too, doesn't it? So .... I will dream big for Mississippi by envisioning a prosperous future for us all.

The pics below are of the older me, taken today. Now I have no more secrets.



2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi Goat I like how you observe things like the plant I used for a prop. I took my pics, had camera on back of recliner. Thing is most of the time I wasn't in a lot of them when it flashed. It was so fast. I have ALMOST but not quite put my life story on the internet. Why not? I don't have a stereo anymore. I have cut way back on luxury items since Katrina.

Ruth said...

Sorry Goat, I have no idea where it was. I don't even think I ever saw it. Maybe I was in one of my dream like trances and missed it.lol I am surprised I have connection, a transformer blew and lights went out but came back on pretty quick. I saw those old postcards too and the only one I remember is how the Longfellow house use to look, I recognized the post office of course which is far better than what we have now. We still have a Fema trailer. I do remember the pavillion at Beach park which I use to enjoy. Hey and thanks again for reading my "stuff" and commenting.