Monday, September 18, 2006

A Fund Raiser I'm Not


Let me tell you why every now and then when you come to my blog that you might be greeted with a banner or a link to help fund some of the teacher's projects in Mississippi. The answer is because I can't say NO when it pertains to giving to a worthy cause. I would have preferred to just be concerned with my entries on the happenings in our Katrina destroyed areas. That's right I would have rather talked disaster than try to raise money. I never was good at it .... I was the giver not the taker. For instance, I found myself many times sitting at a crowded table with colleagues and when the check came it just lay there.. guess who picked up the tab. You are correct!!!

Without a $10 donation from my daughter and a generous $75.00 donation toward my challenge from a wonderful friend .. I guess I would have just cried but instead I sent my daughter $25.00 toward her challenge and said yes to a $50.00 pledge to Mississippi's Police Fund from Laurel, MS. My daughter has written a humorous post on her blog that gives testimony to our plight as fundraisers.

For All Your Fundraising Needs

No comments: