Sunday, September 17, 2006

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 23): There's not a moment to waste in monitoring your progress. Go forward without asking how you're doing. You're doing great. Besides, the important part is really that you're doing instead of merely thinking.

When I saw the above horoscope in the Sun Herald this morning, I had to smile. I am not a firm believer in horoscopes but will admit that some of the characteristics of each sign hold true ... at least in my case. Yes I am a Libra and yes I am a deep thinker. Sometimes so deep in thought that I think my way out of taking action in a situation. The old IBM plaque that I have above my PC will testify to my mindset most of the time. We had several of these in our former office at one time and I managed through the years to "hang" on to one.


After Katrina made landfall on the Mississippi Coast, I virtually stopped doing the things I did for many years. Maybe you could call it losing interest in living the life that the storm has "forced" us to live at the present time. I am happy to say that I made a move yesterday, before I read the horoscope this morning, to change the present conditions that I have been living. I wouldn't buy anything because I was more worried about losing additional things if another huge storm once more should befall us. I bought a new TV!!! It's a combo .... DVD and VHS. It has ended the plug this in and unplug that aggravation. I bought a stack of DVD's and three years of "Everybody Loves Raymond".



I also bought a new telephone that will allow calls to go out after a storm when power is back. Unlike the cell phones that couldn't pick up a signal. I also got a handset with it and it is in my computer room. Technology is great but sometimes we have to back up a little to what will work as I did. There are several other things that I have ordered... there's no stopping me now. Yes!!! ... we are still living under bad conditions and it will be so for many more years ... but for now I am living again.

To clarify that you can't break old habits or go against your true nature, I put a lot of thought into what I did and will continue to do!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I really like your TV. LOL! Love you -- Anita

Ruth said...

lol Thanks Anita.. it is so much simplier ... Patsy Cline's CD is on right now. Hey I wonder if this TV brews coffee????

Ruth said...

I just realized I made the word simplier up. Let's try simplistic. Yeah... that's better I think.