Monday, September 11, 2006

What is happening to our world? At noon today I got earthquake coverage with no thirty day wait before it takes effect. Somehow I didn't take the waiver of the waiting period as good news but as a sign that imminent catastrophe is nigh. Being tuned in to CNN News and watching repeats of the 9/11 terrorist attack five years ago. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. As I dressed for work, I saw the first plane crash into the World Trade Center and was horrified that such an accident could have happened. Within 5 minutes a second plane crashed into the other tower I knew then that America was under attack and that nothing would ever be quite the same again.

I watched the grieving faces of the people this morning who lost loved ones and heard their words as they told a husband, wife, father or mother that they will always love them I saw the children now five years older who lost a parent and the loving guidance in their young lives. None of us will ever forget 9/11, it was seared into our memory and hearts as the day America became less secure.

I live in the aftermath of a hurricane named Katrina. I have been consistent in voicing my opinion that something was abnormal about the storm as I have experienced quite a few of them in my life. I have likened the water that came in on our shoreline as a tsunami. So many people laughed and said how "way out" I was but now we have had a 6.0 earthquake in the Gulf and just a little higher on the Richter scale it would have generated a tsunami. The BIG question is why are we experiencing earthquake tremors etc. in the southeast? If one occurs here, of all places, what comes next?

Scientists Say Florida Earthquake Is Rare



Help me to fund my challenge by going to: Mississippi Back To School Campaign

No comments: