Sunday, September 10, 2006


It's Sunday morning, the time I use for reflectiing on the good or bad that arose out of the prior week. Taking it one week at a time is not as overwhelming as reflection on the past year. All in all it was an uneventful week, no major problems. My not saying just no problems instead of no major problems would insinuate that there were minor problems right? Of course, there were!!! Let's get personal and talk about my bath water. The water is as brown as my oak floors. I use bubble bath to disguise what I am stepping into. Of course, I didn't know that when I bought the house and the storm doing further damage to the water system has made it worse. I came close many times to driving away from the area, checking into a hotel to take a bath. Last week the city announced that they were going to do "reverse osmosis" on the water to clear it. So I should be able to turn on the "tap" January "2008" and actually get clean again. I will try not to be concerned about what contaminants were added to give me clean water. After some reflecting on walking through the floodwaters of Katrina .... I thought, "What harm can it do?"

What else happened last week that was minor.. Oh! I know! Walgreens lost all my prescriptions. It took two days of missed medications to straighten it out. I feared the doctor was going to think I never put the prescriptions in to be filled and was "selling" them on the side. I have to laugh here ... but people do that! Maybe you already read my post on the total blackout last week when I went to sleep holding a flashlight and saying to myself, "Wake me when it's over!!" Ahhhhh! ... that's a thought!

Help our schools if you can!
Mississippi Back To School Campaign

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laugh! Great idea for a post... no MAJOR problems is right. You know - you're welcome to bring your stuff over and take a clean bath here. :) (We'll lay out some towels so you won't get splinters from the unfinished surround....)

Ruth said...

LOL No thanks! I already thought of that. You know... sometimes I don't realize how primitive things have become. What a step back .... not in times gone by... but in something I have neve known.