Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day 2006 is almost behind us. We didn't even notice its passing last year as we found ourselves just fighting to survive under some horrendous conditions. It was the same for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2005. What has always been a big feast on the day we thank the Lord for all His blessings didn't go too well as far as the meal preparation. My potato salad was a disaster and my daughter's oyster stuffing was lacking something but we were too tired to care. Since most kids don't like certain food, we should have made lots of macaroni and cheese for all of us and saved two weary people the trouble. Christmas was the same, we all were exhausted and sick but Santa managed to come and delight the children. The holidays are rapidly approaching again and here's hoping we will do better this year.

Today we drove around Pascagoula and it was very quiet .... no activity anywhere. Beach Park was empty and there was not one person on the white sandy beach. I saw more destruction off on the side streets while we were riding but I vowed to show only progress and so I took several pictures.




I realize that my writings may bore you with seemingly the "same old song and dance" subject but the purpose of this blog is for future reference as the years pass. It's a personal diary of what I have experienced in the disaster. I am hoping that Blogger finds a way for us to save our entries elsewhere too. A lot of time was put into this blog and the thought of losing all I have documented crosses my mind every now and then. Cross your fingers for me ...... Thank You!

No comments: