Friday, September 29, 2006

The Magic Of Fall


Of all the seasons, I am completely mesmerized by Fall. Today I drove around enjoying the crisp coolness of the day and wondering how a sun that was so scorchingly hot just a short time ago could now touch my skin with a gentle feeling of warmth. The scenery now radiated a beauty that completely engulfed my thoughts and momentarily sent me back in de ja vu to September 2005 as I then drove through the devastation left by Katrina. I remember thinking, "We will never recover from this!" Today, a year later, I now know we will. That's the Magic of Fall!

In an earlier post I mentioned that I had hypothyroidism and, I do, but feel much better about it as it is of a moderate nature. I now take Synthroid that will bring the hormone levels back to normal. I don't know how long that will take but I already feel better after only four pills. We shall see!

There is something that Katrina taught me and that is how to relax. To stop nitpicking and enjoy what I have right under my nose. Yesterday, my daughter, Anita and her four children spent the day with me and we all had a good time. I have 12 grandchildren but I say I have 13 now because I count the one lost by
Anita in August.




If you look closely at the above picture, children have a way of saying it's time to go! So will I but I will be back in a short time to report on hometown news and the surrounding areas! In the meantime, enjoy the Magic of Fall!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL You really did capture that 'It's time to go' moment with the last picture, Mom. We had fun - and we'll do it again. I love the pictures!

Ruth said...

LOL Yvonne is such a fun little girl! I enjoyed the day too. My love to you!