Friday, September 01, 2006

Moody Yellow


The Mississippi Gulf Coast reached its first year anniversary of Katrina on the 29th of August. It wasn't a celebration as some have referred, it was a remembrance of what was lost. Well over 200 people perished in the storm and we will never forget that as we go on rebuilding our lives. Yes, there is progress taking place every day and though it is moving slowly we will with patience and determination .... recover.

When you hear about the loss of our way of life, can you imagine the problems of each individual that encompasses? The storm didn't eliminate personal problems or emotions that just living a life brings. For instance, I have special feelings for the month of September. Not only will the weather turn cooler, there are bittersweet memories for me. The 5th of the month would have been an anniversary had my husband lived. I will celebrate my birthday this month. It was a month filled with yellow roses. Today I still see the roses but now I wish I could hand them out to all the people and bring more sunshine into their lives.

I will continue taking pictures but I feel that you have seen enough of destruction so I will only post pictures of recovery.

My thanks to a friend in Michigan for this bouquet!


Thanks to my daughter, Anita, Dave and GrandKids!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hey Goat! Where's my rose? lol Hope it has stopped raining in your part of the country so you can enjoy yourself. I will let you know when my birthday is.