Tuesday, October 10, 2006



Butterfly in Picture ... Cousin to Monarch

I have admired the beauty of flowers since I was a child and have always had flowers in any home I have lived in. In August 2005 when Katrina devastated our area, I couldn't recapture the love I had for flowers as I had to prioritize many issues that couldn't take a backseat to something so inane as gardening. Sure I was in the yards after the storm and remained there for six months cleaning up the "mess" that was now my yard. The season that I love best, Fall, that year was hard labor and no matter in which direction I turned the scene before me revealed only devastation. To escape the overwhelming feelings rising up in me I decided to do something about the situation. What could I do? When my daughter gave me a digital camera, I knew! So with all the pictures I have taken I hope I have enlightened you to what happened to us in Mississippi. Yesterday is gone and we are still struggling to live in what we have left today.

I returned to working in my yard Sunday and have been getting it back in shape as a thing of beauty not a chore. The leaves are falling and there will be lots of raking but maybe this time it won't be so difficult to find help to do the harder yard jobs for me.

We are still slithering at the pace of a snail as far as progress goes but eventually we will get there. So now I have returned to my Garden and soon I will buy me a rod n' reel and go back to another love of mine.....FISHING!!

No comments: