Friday, October 06, 2006

Cruisin' the Coast - Pascagoula

A step back in time! Let's get to the cars now!







I drove a new 1957 Chevy down all the streets of Pascagoula.... I really thought I was something! I can only imagine how I would have felt had I known I was driving a classic. My father co-signed for me to buy the car. I really wanted the hardtop but I couldn't afford it so I had a two toned blue sedan. A really sharp car! I paid $600 down and $78.36 a month for 3 1/2 years. Do the math .... do you know how little I payed for the car. Nothing near the prices of today. My father would ask me each month, "Did you pay the car note?" I was young enough to wonder why he kept asking me.

In 1978, we bought our then three teenaged daughters a 1967 Mustang to gad about in. My husband bought me a 1978 Thunderbird that was not anything like the Birds of the 50's but Boy!! ...could it go! Looking at all the cars brought memories of all the cars that we had.

I have more pictures to show you on next post!

No comments: