Tuesday, May 29, 2007

From time to time I feel as though I should post, although my heart isn't in it. Through Site Meter I am aware of who comes to my site and so "This is for you and thanks for your interest". I don't think my problem is boredom, as I am not easily bored. Katrina has revealed the good and the bad that has arisen because a disaster put Mississippi in the spotlight, albeit late. We are the state that people love to hate. Yep, that's us! I had my "rose colored" glasses on for awhile and thought that at last what I had always hoped for, was happening. I was wrong .. the slurs have never stopped. We are fat, lazy, ignorant, hillbillies and we should apologize for slavery. The Sun Herald newspaper online has an article on the subject and is taking a poll asking if we would apologize. The last time I looked "NO" was 79%. If Governor Barbour apologizes for the state, I guess that would be great but, you see, I had nothing to do with slavery so I have nothing to apologize for. Other people speaking for us destroys our individuality.

We have been a suffering people on the Coast and a great deal of money was earmarked for our recovery but it was held up because of the 10% match and then to add insult to injury it was put in the same Bill for getting our soldiers out of Iraq. President Bush had said he would veto getting out of Iraq at this time so they put us in hoping he wouldn't veto. Is that caring about us? To put us against all the guys that are fighting and losing their lives for our country was a low blow. Personally, it made me fearful of what the new regime is going to inflict upon us all.

I have read that more than 40,000 immigrants are in our state, where are they? Where do the stay? We have thousands of our people with no shelter except Fema trailers. The conclusion that I have come to is that we can't always believe what we read.

Although regular gasoline is $3.06 a gallon, that doesn't stop me from riding around looking for pictures of construction. Dave, Anita and children spent Memorial Day at my home. I made hamburgers the old fashioned way .. in a skillet. Sure beats McDonald's. I never understood the "hoopla" on such a solemn occasion. Life is not one big party.


No comments: