Friday, May 04, 2007

Neighbors

Every once in awhile I veer from the storm and touch on my personal life .. this is one of those times. What do you do with a neighbor that is driving you crazy? Unfortunately, subdivisions have houses that are very close to the neighbor on either side. I spent months out of the two years that I have been here trying to get a neighbor to stop blowing leaves off his driveway into my side yard. I am happy to say that has stopped but putting garbage cans and debris in the front of my house hasn't. So two weeks ago when the pickup guys were there I went out to tell them that all the "junk" wasn't mine. We are to put "our" garbage in front of our property as there are fines for what you put out as garbage ... like paint cans or old batteries. His wife came out to see what we were talking about and said to me that she didn't understand why I objected to it. The "guys" explained to her that it was to be in front of their property and in the proper containers before they will take it. They didn't take anything they had out that day. When that happens it remains in front of my house for weeks. At this time, there is an open container of garbage sitting out there since Tuesday that wasn't picked up.

Late last night I heard hammering noises at my side window and when I looked out I couldn't believe the "tacky" mess I saw. What in the world is he doing now? It is over the property line and attached to my side fence.



This can be seen as you drive down the street .. the flowers I have planted pale in comparison to this. We still haven't gotten much rain, only a slight drizzle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen some pretty bizarre things from neighbors... but this one takes the cake. What... on earth... is that?