Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lately, I have been questioning why I persist in doing things that are bound to fail ... all odds against success. Then I reason that there is a slim chance for anybody to beat the odds and maybe it will be me. A reasonable person living in an area that has been in an ongoing drought would not plant delicate flowers but I do ... because a few may survive. The seemingly impossible can happen, it did today. My daughter saw that I had been putting statues and gazing balls in my flower beds so she offered me her concrete birdbath which I readily accepted. On my visit today I saw it was lying in the drive in two pieces waiting for my son-in-law to bring it to my house. On leaving I asked, "Anita can I take the birdbath?" She said, "Mom you can't lift concrete, even Dave has trouble." "The top alone is 200lbs. and the base is twice that." She continued loading the back of my car with plants she had given me from her yard. I walked over and easily picked up the top and brought it to the car and went to get the base. Yes, the base, was heavy and awkward but I picked it up and carried it to the car. I had help from my daughter sliding it into the car. We marvelled at what I had done. How could I, who finds carrying a gallon of milk heavy, carry concrete and not be winded? It's simple really ... I never thought for a moment that I couldn't do it. Before going home, I took pictures of new construction. The first two pictures are of the back of a house that faces the beach.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL I will never understand how you carried that birdbath!! We'll be over as soon as we can to get it back OUT of your car. LOL