Friday, April 07, 2006

I have always been an upbeat sort of personality but the problems we have been experiencing in the storm's aftermath have become very depressing. I am quite sure most of us took our day to day living before Katrina for granted and at times were bored with the routine. Oh! But to have that life back would be heaven on earth.

It is as though a thick fog lingers over us even on the brightest days. It is eerily quiet! Traffic on Hwy 90 that passes through Pascagoula is usually very heavy and I always wonder where they could possibly be going. Have I missed something? There is no Ocean Springs bridge that once connected us to Biloxi and Gulfport. There is interstate 10 which is a "murderous" route to travel and occasionally when I have had to be in Gulfport for business purposes I vowed to keep my speed at 70MPH but found myself being pushed to 85MPH. In dry weather you are "flying", in wet weather you "hydroplane".

Today I was riding around town hoping to see something positive that would lift my spirits but instead I found a place off Ingalls Ave. where probably a hundred trailers were that I hadn't seen before. I wanted a pic so badly but a feeling of foreboding told me not to go in. The only words that I have to describe what it looked like was a concentration camp lacking the barbed wire.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined I would be living in times like these. The weather has literally gone wild. God or Man?

No comments: