Monday, April 10, 2006

Today is Tuesday, April 11th, garbage pickup day and on another Tuesday not so long ago, March 28th, I found my post light at the end of my driveway lying in the street. Have you enough clues to solve "Who Dun It?"

Just in case you are reading my ramblings for the very first time I refer you to my related blog post

Camille and Katrina Were Not Ladies

We are in a drought at this time so this morning I was out watering the front lawn when my next door neighbor came over to say hello. I began lamenting about vandals causing me more of a problem than it appears. He said, "Ruth vandals didn't do that." "What'? He proceeded to tell me that each Tuesday he takes his wife to therapy and the light was not broken when they left at 930AM that morning but when they returned over and hour later the fixture was smashed in the street. Garbage had been picked up. He said to call Red River Services again and he would "vouch" for me. So I called and they said they would send someone to the house.

It isn't just a single lamp involved. There are four more around the yard that operate on the same circuit. I can't use the lights as the damaged one will probably cause all of them to short out and cause a major electrical problem.

This can't be a very interesting post but a blog is a diary and occasionally things like this will from time to time find its way into my writings. Keep your fingers crossed that they take responsibility for helping me fix the problem.

No comments: