Friday, April 21, 2006

WLOX-TV - The News for South Mississippi: Weather

WLOX-TV - The News for South Mississippi: Weather: " The first round of showers and thunderstorms moved through the coast this afternoon. We may see a few more after midnight as the cool front moves through. Overnight low 64. Saturday's high 83.
Sunrise 6:23 AM Sunset 7:29 PM"

I have always loved a rainy day but since Katrina that changed for me as I am sure it did for many people on the coast. Now I become very uneasy expecting nothing less than a catastrophe where the weather is concerned. Although rain was forecast I watered my parched lawn and watched as blue jays played in the water from the sprinkler. A rustling at my feet startled me as my first thought was a Snake!!! It was a .........


I turned off the water and decided that I would wait for the much needed rain. Later that afternoon Gulfport began getting a lot of rainfall. Mike Reader, a WLOX meteorologist, said the storm had moved and was over Pascagoula. The picture of the ominous sky was taken from my garage.


Less than 10 minutes after taking the picture it started sprinkling and within 3 minutes the sky cleared, rained stopped and the sun was out again. The rainfall totals for the month are listed below.

Bay St. Louis 0.39
Gulfport 0.83
Pascagoula 0.02
Perkinston 0.52

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the turtle!!!