Tuesday, April 04, 2006


I have no idea who took the above picture, perhaps my daughter did or I copied it while surfing the net. At the time, I didn't know why this pic was so appealing to me but today I have associated it with me. In 2003 when I decided to return to my hometown I went "out on the limb" to come home and now at the beginning of 2006 I find me "sitting on the fence" a little weathered and feeling meloncholia about the things I gave up to move forward.

My home was in a rural area on a lake and being rather large I could not take all my belongings with me so I sold a few and gave the remaining things away to neighbors and relatives. I was in Pascagoula 14 months before the house sold.

Most of you will understand what I am saying. My house here is much smaller and although the yards are rather pretty, someone else did the landscaping. I have put some pics of the yards that I left. They were beautiful in the spring.






To establish a yard takes a lifetime. This was my home for 25 yrs. I have only been in my new home since May 2005 and instead of gardening I am cleaning and cleaning the yards. I hope you don't take my mood as sad because it isn't. I like to call it serious reflecting on the different roads I traveled in my life before I returned to the town where it all began, Pascagoula, Mississippi.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Call it whatever you want -- but it's definitely sad. Sorry, Mom.