Saturday, April 08, 2006

WLOX-TV - The News for South Mississippi: Sonic Boom Heard Across Jackson County

WLOX-TV - The News for South Mississippi: Sonic Boom Heard Across Jackson County: "A loud 'boom' heard across Jackson County Friday morning turned out to be harmless.

Pascagoula Police say F-15 fighter pilots from Keesler Air Force Base were going through some exercises. It's believed one of them broke the sound barrier, creating the sonic boom."

Yesterday when this occurred, it was the third time that I have experienced this since Katrina. I can't recall if I noted it in my blog but just in case here goes.......

On all the occasions I was in my home when something very heavy hit my roof and ROLLED. So heavy that when it rolls it sounds like it is crushing the roof. On inspection there has been nothing on the roof or ground. I am always very shaken. Obviously many people have experienced this and it was reported. Fighter jets huh?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thank you Onanite, Keesler Air Force Base is in Biloxi and it could very well be the cause of what I experience. It is so different from the usual sonic booms I have heard in my life though.