Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Later in the morning after viewing a video of young workers on Pascagoula's beach who have come to help, I decided to take a ride to the beach and see if they were still there. If I was lucky I might get a pic to show you. The last section of road that had been closed off due to damage was now open so I could drive further down. What I didn't know was a part of the road had collapsed. That's right! It gave me quite a jolt but after repeated checks of my car I am finally convinced that no damage was inflicted.

I didn't see the young people so I made a right turn beside what is left of the park and stopped to take a pic of huge equipment working to remove a piece of concrete that had blocked another section since the storm struck. It had either "washed" there or purposedly been put there to keep people like me out of harm's way.


Looking at this scene for a minute or two, I saw beauty in the sky, sand, water and trees. What was manmade is gone but one who is greater than us shines brightly through his creation of the remaining elements.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! How can you ignore that gorgeous blue sky??? I've noticed it more and more over the past few months -- the sky I mean... Afterall -- there's no better time to keep looking up. :)