Monday, August 14, 2006

Boredom


I am sure all of you at one time or another have experienced boredom. Right? You thought of maybe going to a movie just to get out of the house. Maybe you did a little shopping and bought something frivolous to cheer yourself up. Right? I used to do that but let me tell you something about what it's like here ... and getting worse. I was an early riser, now I sleep very late and feel a little irritated if I should awaken too early. Sleeping is my way of shortening what I have learned will be a very boring day. There is no entertainment in Pascagoula at this time. Of course, there will be in the future. Many things are promised all around the coast for an unspecified time in the distant future, unfortunately, we live in the present.

I wish the people in neighborhoods would have block parties. Now that would make the wait for progress a little more bearable. That doesn't happen either. When I first moved into my present home fifteen months ago, I met a total of four people and haven't seen them since. I read the same articles that you do about people coming together and helping one another and I am not saying it doesn't happen with some people, it just hasn't happened for me or anyone that I know. Which reminds me of the grant letters going out, not any of the people I know have received the letter. What are the chances of that?

It is raining here again and it is thundering and lightning. I am not scared of the weather anymore. I guess I should be, but Katrina seems to have scared me so much, as it did thousands of other people, that I don't feel fear anymore. See, that isn't natural, is it? Or maybe it is a blessing. "There is no fear but fear itself".

Another daughter from Gulfport came for a visit recently and she brought me up on the news there. Things are just the same in that area, no progress. We are all wallowing, not in a state of pleasure but in a state of stagnation.

No comments: