Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yesterday got off to a rainy start but the weather cleared rather quickly giving way to blue skies and white puffy clouds. In retrospect, I was sorry that happened because it gave me an excuse to not go to the planned block party. We (the daughter and family) decided to ride around and see what was going on in Pascagoula. Beach Park was empty. We then rode to I. G. Levy Park where we had been just days earlier and we found no one there. Our next stop was to a park located in the Lake Avenue area ...




It was a melancholy ride as we drove into the various neighborhoods in Pascagoula and found no get-togethers .... our silence, of course, broken by the fussing of baby Emily. On returning home, we did not attend the block party. We ate boiled shrimp, talked awhile longer and I left to go back to my home where I closed the blinds, cranked down the a/c, went to bed early and hoped, like Dorothy, that I might wake up in the Land of Oz!

No comments: