Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today was just an ordinary day, nothing major to report. But then maybe I am restraining myself trying to not be morose. When you live where I do, it's natural to talk about the problems we face from day to day. I decided it was time for me to take a break and find a way to make the day special. So I went to my daughter's and borrowed my two grandsons for a few hours. They have small digital cameras that take 20 pictures so they were more than willing to ride around with me to look and snap anything that was appealing to them. I won't know until later what they have but I can't wait to see because it went something like this. I would ask, "Boys are you taking any pictures?" George said, "I am trying to take one of the helicopter flying over." William said, Nothing yet, I don't see anything exciting." I wasn't taking any as I thought they would snap the places where furniture was piled at the curb for trash pickup or the blue tarped roofs. Surely they are noticing the houses that are raised high off the ground. I believe that what I will see is the back of my head and the interior of the car but that's okay. I decided to take two pictures just in case.



When we got to my house we had lunch and then watched TV. Cartoons, of course. Before returning them home we went to a Dollar General store and I bought them a few toys. They were thrilled! I thought how much better we all would feel if we could recapture some of the innocence we had as a child. The boys truly didn't see the destruction that was all around them, they savored the moment. They taught me a valuable lesson today. I will try to remember.

No comments: