Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just one more short post as I am all Katrina-ed out. Done in, tired, ready to drop. I am happy to say that today was a major turning point in our lives here. We are ready to go forward and rebuild our homes and town. Many things will be different but all the things that we knew will always be a part of Pascagoula's history.

At 6PM this evening we gathered at Beach Park to hear Governor Haley Barbour speak to us. His speech was very commendable. I took a picture as he arrived. Was a bad time of day to take pictures and most were blurry. I was on the side of the big guy you see taking a picture too... I think he was the press but that didn't bother me. The Governor was dressed casually as we all were. He is the man in red.



Patrice Clark from WLOX was there covering the occasion. It might be my imagination but I think I got a don't come any closer look from her.






Well that's about all I have to close the day except maybe something I thought amusing and endearing at the same time. The Red Cross was set up on the grounds and offering us ice cold water. And just one more thing, Dave and Anita received the packet from the grant system and now they can start repairing their home. It was a great ending to a wonderful day!!!

No comments: