Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'll Take The Ducks!!!


Yesterday I went with daughter and family to Scranton's Nature Museum located in the I. G. Levy Park in Pascagoula. We got off to an early start as the weather was a scorcher. So early, that we were eating hamburgers at 10AM It is a small museum filled with stuffed wildlife such as a boar hog, a deer, a mink, racoons, to name a few. The first thing to greet me was a stuffed diamondback rattlesnake in a striking position. The curator offered an apology that they didn't have the live reptiles back yet as the others didn't survive Katrina. Gee! Like I cared.

The pavillion was nice and the scenery was very pretty but, what I liked, were the ducks. They were everywhere. There were geese too but they kept their distance and so did I. Years back, I tried rescuing a drowning goose after he got tangled and broke my fishing line. I had a skiff so I got to him quickly. I pulled him out of the water and the fishing line was choking him. I snipped and snipped and as soon as he was free, he turned on me. I am sorry to say that in defending myself from this wild goose I had to beat him off me with an oar. I am happy to say that both he and I survived.

Everything was good about the day but the exhausting heat. I am ready for Fall!







2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi ya Goat! To think I use to go gambling and now I am playing with ducks. The burger WAS our breakfast and also how do you know the duck with the big feet is a she. I am sure the park has been around a long time. It is off Chico on Nathan Hale Drive. I did enjoy the ducks right along with the kids. Must be the medication I am on. lol

Ruth said...

LOL I am sorry Goat, I realized my mistake. There are drakes. I liked your answer. Irene? LOLLOL!!!