Friday, February 10, 2006


My previous post spoke of love for your neighbor and my charitable work gives credence of doing good works for those I don't know but...... What do I do with a neighbor who arouses my anger to the point that I have on several occasions wanted to shout "mild" expletives in his direction?

What did he do to rouse my anger? For the 9 months that I have lived in my present house, he has shown no respect for my property. He is very neat and that I commend but he is detrimental to the appearance of MY property. He puts his garbage cans, sheet rock, cabinets, open cardboard boxes stuffed with all kinds of discarded paraphenalia over the property line in the front of my house. He doesn't bag the leaves from his yard, he blows them across the line to my house. He trims his hedges that divide the property and lets all the clippings fall in my side yard.

On one particular day I was so angry with what he had in front of my house I went out and he was standing in his drive about 15 ft. from me. With super human strength I began throwing all the junk back into his drive. You know what he did? He turned and scampered back into his house. I was breathless when I finished lifting and hurling the trash back where it belonged thinking this will make him aware of what he is doing. It didn't! So for the next time I had another plan of action in mind. I raked and bagged all of the leaves in my front yard and made a barrier between his debri and my property. The next morning when leaving the house to do errands I thought to myself that this might work. When I returned all my bags had been picked up by city workers and his "stuff" remained. Where once he had been infringing on only 5 ft. of my property, that had changed. A 20 ft. fallen limb from one of his trees extended 15 ft. beyond where I had the bags as a barrier.

Today I watched from the bedroom window as he blew the leaves from his yard into mine. Back to the drawing board!!!!!

No comments: