Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday when many of us will flock to church where ashes from last year's palms are put on our foreheads in the form of a cross. The priest says, "Remember Man That Thou Art Dust and Into Dust Thou Shall Return." Thus begins the solemn days of Lent, culminating on Easter Sunday.

Lent is a time of reflection in the Christian world, a time to change our lives if we have lost our way. The road to our final glory is not broad and trouble free. It is likened as being narrow and crooked with many trials.

As I reflect this lenten season, my thoughts will be on the trials that we are enduring not only in Mississippi but also on all the upheavals that are present in our world today. My focus and prayers will be for the brave young men fighting for freedom in Iraq and for those of them who gave the ultimate, their lives.

I know that there may be criticism from a few about my being so open professing I am a Christian but so be it. My faith has helped me survive many hardships in my life. Please consider, if you are offended in any way, that you may be on the broad, trouble free road.

For those of you who believe, I quote, "Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely, Mama. Happy Mardi Gras!

Ruth said...

Hello Butch, Thank you for stopping by and letting me hear from you. Actually, I can't tell when YOU come to my blog. What can I say, I think all my hits are you. LOL

I go to your blog but there are no posts. Do you have another?

Take care cousin.

Ruth