Saturday, February 25, 2006


OH When The Saints Go Marching In....... It's Mardi Gras down South! For many years I attended Mardi Gras in Biloxi, Ms. My favorite place to stand and shout, "Throw Me Something Mister!" was at the corner of Howard Avenue and Hwy 90 near the Biloxi Lighthouse. Very happy to say that the lighthouse is still standing.

I know that there are many people who don't approve of the celebration but if you have ever been to a parade you will understand. The fun of it is contagious and the music makes you dance. It is ageless merriment!

Sorry I had to remove the video that previously was here as I couldn't link directly and my looking around WLOX in search of it became ridiculous. It depicted the agelessness that I mentioned above. The setting was in a hospital where the elderly were really enjoying themselves. No matter the age or setting, when the music starts ...you dance!

Mardi Gras Countdown (parade schedule)

No comments: