Friday, February 03, 2006

Yesterday was not a good day for me as five months of not seeing progress can take a toll. There is no beauty anywhere.The only adjective I can use to describe what I see is "shabby". My home has also fallen into shabbiness because of an inability to find someone to make small repairs The torn screens on the backporch ,as I feared, have given access to residency for the roach. A few weeks ago, I saw a raccoon walking along the top of the privacy fence and I imagine at night he is enjoying the porch. Small things? When you live from "day to day" in this environment, it is monumental.

Most distressing was two unidentified people, a man and woman, were laid to rest after spending five months in the morgue. How many more people may not have been found? There are still many missing. Northrop Grumman, before the storm, employed 12,000 and only 80% of them reported to work. Are they just displaced? Many were in administrative positions. I find it strange that they didn't make contact. Will we ever know how many along the coastline lost their lives? Questions, questions, questions!

Every day chores that once were so important seem more intrusive now. I received a notice that it was time for my car's oil change. Maintenance is necessary but I would rather have the decorative trim put back on the hubcaps. Earlier in the aftermath, three of my tires went flat.That's correct, all at once. Either the mechanic repairing the tires is responsible for the missing parts or all the pot holes in the road that I hit takes precedence. I now prioritize what I think should come first. If it pertains to making something more pleasing to the eye, it
goes to the head of the line.

Well I got that off my chest! Thanks for listening. Maybe today I will at least "hear" the sound of rebuilding.

No comments: