Saturday, February 04, 2006

My spirit lifted this morning as the weather is beautiful today. I decided to stay close to home and take care of things around the house I flipped on Fox News and rather quickly my sense of well being crashed as they talked about nuclear weapons in the middle east. Who has them and who doesn't? A question was asked if America has to use nuclear weapons what will they use? Of course, a lot of rhetoric followed. Pictures were displayed showing different weapons that could be used. Do you believe that ..... I don't! Why would any american believe our government would give the strategies they may have to use to the enemy? We live in very dangerous times and can only pray that our leaders will make the right choice to preserve our still young country. If not, it won't be God that destroyed our world, it will be the fault of mankind.

You may have read where I suspect something other than a hurricane devastated our area because of what is happening in the middle east, I still feel that way. Progress is still at a snail's pace. I watch my daughter and son in law working hard to repair their house and my heart weeps for them. I was a young child during World War II, a young teen during the Korean War and a young woman during the Vietnam War. Neither my daughter or son in law were born then. They face an even more terrifying fact, the threat of a nuclear war. America, as great as it is, has never been truly at peace, we have always had to fight to attain what I call a false peace. Somehow fighting to bring peace hasn't solved our problems. Peace brings tranquility. Fighting is the opposite of tranquility.

Come on America pray! Prayer can work miracles .... I know!

No comments: