Saturday, February 10, 2007

It was another pretty day with high's in the low 50's with lots of sunshine. A day to be out and about enjoying it, but I was waiting on Sears delivery to come install my new dryer. It's a long story as most things are but I will make it as brief as possible. Remember I am using this blog to document not only news in our area but in my own life. A diary of a sort.

When I moved into what was not a new home in May 2005. I had just enough time to find out a few drawbacks before Katrina made landfall. One was a washer and dryer that was housed in the garage. It was a selling point to me as the fewer things I had to do would be exactly what I was looking for. I soon found out that the knob that operated the washer didn't work. I cornered a "handyman" that sometimes worked for neighbors and he said, "Oh, it works you have to put your fingers behind the knob to the metal bar and turn." He couldn't fix it and I couldn't find a washing machine "knob fixer". So I made sure I was grounded before I touched those machines. I placed rubber mats before each one of them and I was never barefoot, I wore rubber soled shoes. Then Katrina came ashore and my intention to buy a new set went by the wayside. I forgot to mention that I never could tell what cycle I was on. Many times I went out to remove clothes from washer and although it drained it was full of suds. I went to Sears on the 5th of this month to get new appliances, Didn't need anything fancy as they would be in the garage so I was looking for cheap. The set cost me $1134.00. Where have I been to think they were still reasonably priced. I was told that I would have to purchase a new cord for the dryer or I wouldn't qualify for the one year warranty. "Two or three prong?" they asked. I tried to remember when or if I ever had looked at the cords on a dryer and noted what prong they were. I said I didn't know and to just bring both of them with delivery and I will pay for the one I needed. Yesterday they arrived at 3:30PM and told me I was the last delivery. I got two very tired men and one was very anxious to go. They installed the washer and said sign here and I looked at the dryer still in its box. "What about the dryer"? We can't install that, the anxious one said, as you didn't pay for the cord so we didn't bring it. Well he may have been anxious but I became fighting mad and threatening. You know the usual threats, "I am going to own Sears if they don't make this good." After several phone calls, Sears reps said they would send the cord back with the guys. They came and installed the dryer today. Anita and Dave came later and balanced them for me as the guys should have done. I didn't ask them why they didn't do it as I just wanted them to go. Now I have a bigger problem... they are too nice for the garage. I am thinking about parking the car in the driveway, repainting the walls , the concrete and throw a few scatter rugs around.

Okay that may have been a totally boring discount but I just wanted you who read my ramblings on a regular basis to know that I just don't drive around snapping pictures.

I put up a few news articles today and as usual it seems we had a couple of murders. Also a man died yesterday as he was cutting a tree down. He had belted himself just where the tree split and fell. A man and his young son died in a mobile home fire. We have been living a nightmare for a long while now and I often wonder what is to become of all of us. How much can people take?

No comments: