Monday, February 12, 2007

This writing will contain a personal mixture of happenings in the crazy topsy- turvy world I find myself living in. After being very organized in my life prior to Katrina, the things I do now to take care of situations that arise aren't so well thought out anymore. Why? Because in chaos you have no choice. Take insurance for instance, I renewed my policy for 2007 by sending in my premium this past December. I read the policy just a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea what I am covered for. I do know that I am not covered for mold.. They made a mistake on the age of the roof, stating it was 25 yrs. old. A new one was put on in1999, after Hurricane Georges. So today I called and was informed that I didn't take advantage of paying another $254.00 on my annual premium to allow my deductible to remain at $1000.00 and she said if a hurricane hits, as your policy stands, you will have to pay a $7,000.00 deductible. I asked where was the information and she said in your policy. Not very clear was it? I guess the mold affected my brain. See what I mean .. no choice. I will send the additional money. My new washer and dryer was installed Saturday. Sunday morning I looked out to this. Oh No! Not Again!


There aren't many pictures of new construction that I can take without repeating what I have already taken. Construction is moving but very slowly. The few pictures I have are of homes that were damaged inside by water. Many people are in trailers while their homes are being repaired.






For those of you who may remember, the huge dead pine tree that hovers threateningly over my house has been marked with green paint to be taken down as a danger to property. I will add danger to life also. Mine! Unfortunately, the deadline to clear all the thousands of marked trees is February 28th. Unless the deadline is extended it can't happen.

No comments: